I agree that the statement you listed makes no sense.

The nucleus obviously DOES offer resistance. In fact it's impossible to
offer no resistance, seeing as light slows down in presence of other forces
(like inside an atom, even when it is not absorbed, ala prisms).

But your criticism that speaking of the speed of transition as a speed
is ridiculous is unfounded. Obviously the transition must be going SOME
speed, and it can't be the speed of light (because even light doesnt travel
the speed of light in an atom, thats why its called "speed of light in a
vaccuum", not simply the speed of light throughout everything), so it must
be slower. How much slower is the only question, and we know its a constant,
or else the photo-electric effect would not be consistent (and even with
different materials). Frank's photo electric equation proves that the energy
of the photon is coming from the collapsed transitional wavelength (and in
turn the voltage), not from some magical correspondence paradox.

And you may be technically right that gravity is not an energy (but a
potential), but in reality the term energy is irrelevant, the more
appropriate phrase would be that "gravity is information". Useable
information can only travel at a finite speed (maximum being the speed of
light in vacuo). Things with no useable information can travel
superluminously (like expanding universes, quantum entanglement, etc). But
it seems like you are picking straw man to gnaw at. In reality you know that
the speed of transition must be finite, must be slower than C, and must be
constant, just from a logical analysis.

Peace.