On 02/07/2011 10:04 PM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
> I think of Steorn, which is still operating, apparently. One might ask
> why and how, and I don't think it's rocket science.

Steorn has products -- I mean, /real/ products, that you can buy, and
which actually do something useful -- which they sell, for real money.
They run a scam as a sideline, of course, but none the less there's some
actual income there which may help to keep the company going. See, for
example:

http://www.steorn.com/steornlab/hall-probe/

BLP also has a real product which they sell, which is their molecular
modeling software.  I have no idea how well it works or who's bought it,
but it surely can't hurt to have an actual salable product in the stable
when the primary horse still won't run.

(And Randy sells his book, of course, but if it sells like just about
any other QM book you care to name, I'm quite sure the income from it is
insignificant.)