Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

> According to Celani, observers were not allowed into the room until the
> experiment began to "work":
>
> The device did not work at first. He and others were waiting impatiently in
> a room next to the room with the device.

I don't think he said they were "not allowed." He didn't happen to be there.
He and the others had been waiting for a long time, and they were grousing
(he told me). I think he said that out of the 50 people only 10 or so could
look at the thing up close at one time. I don't know why. Small room? To
prevent crowding? Maybe you can tell from the video . . .

Levi and the others from U. Bologna were there from start to finish of this
test, and the other tests and calibrations.

Notice in the update he sent to me today, he refers to this as a "wonderful
device." I think he is pretty much convinced it is real, despite his
complaints about the test and the fact that Rossi prevented him from taking
a spectrum.

Melich and I are also "pretty much convinced." Not 100%.

Celani says that people in Italy have been aware of Rossi's claims for about
two years, and several groups are working to replicate. Some openly, and
some incognito. I doubt they are getting any cooperation from Rossi. My
impression is that after the demo, some of them went into high gear. If one
of them figures out what the 2 magic elements are, Rossi's intellectual
property will be in jeopardy.

And speaking of Jeopardy!!!! How you like them apples, carbon-based
life-forms?

As Ken Jennings put it, "I for one welcome our new computer overlords."

See:

http://live.washingtonpost.com/jeopardy-ken-jennings.html (great interview)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/17/AR2011021701591.html