You stated that the Cat-E should be maintained in hot mode 24/7/365. For
almost all of that time, the Cat-E in this mode supports only a few watts of
needed electric power. This reduces its effective efficiency to very low
levels since almost all of its power is sent to waste heat.

Today people with solar panels send their unused (waste) power back into the
grid. The grid provides a backup power source for this type of renewable
power.

To mitigate the waste heat problem, I think the same will be true for the
Cat-E.