  From: francis
  To: uniqueprodu...@comcast.net
  Cc: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:23 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:New private E-Cat test with no input energy

Jay,        Excellent idea - could even use off the shelf heat exchanger as
your link seems to indicate they already have their brazed products in
automotive and aerospace equipment. I like the idea of the heat transfer fluid
being inside the exchanger with the sputtered powder on the outside and using a
large hydrogen supply tube around the entire exchanger which would function as
the reactor. I think this would greatly increase the surface area and number of
ultra active sites. I noticed you are still sugggesting filling the reactor
tube with powder around the heat sink in addition to the coated surface of the
heat sink. My original thought was to do away with bulk powder entirely but
after reconsideration think you may also have gotten that right, Previous
discussions about there being a certain critical volume of powder and spill
over catalysts may mean the thin surface does have to be part of a larger
volume for OOP and free running operation. Maybe the MAHG device should have
been filled with powder as well?FranOn Sat, 18 Jun 2011 21:04: Jay Caplan
wroteFran,If you could sputter the powder surface onto the fins of a brazed
heat exchanger
http://fintube.thomasnet.com/item/all-categories/finbraze--2/item-1010?&forward=1
 then the H2 could be inputted through a tube surrounding the finned exchanger
(with an outer lead pipe shield if there actually is gamma to deal with.) The
heat transfer fluid running through the center tube - center tube welded to the
outer tube at the ends to maintain H2 pressure. Brazed fins for continuous duty
to 950 F. But it might be easier to have square fins with ~1-2 mm between them,
and the adjacent two fins brazed closed on 3 sides.
http://fintube.thomasnet.com/item/all-categories/stamped-plate-fin/item-1015?&forward=1
 Fill the top side with the nanopowders, vibrate to settle, H2 still loads from
the outer tube. ???