Jay,
        Excellent idea - could even use off the shelf heat exchanger as your
link seems to indicate they already have their brazed products in automotive
and aerospace equipment. I like the idea of the heat transfer fluid being
inside the exchanger with the sputtered powder on the outside and using a
large hydrogen supply tube around the entire exchanger which would function
as the reactor. I think this would greatly increase the surface area and
number of ultra active sites. I noticed you are still sugggesting filling
the reactor tube with powder around the heat sink in addition to the coated
surface of the heat sink. My original thought was to do away with bulk
powder entirely but after reconsideration think you may also have gotten
that right, Previous discussions about there being a certain critical volume
of powder and spill over catalysts may mean the thin surface does have to be
part of a larger volume for OOP and free running operation. Maybe the MAHG
device should have been filled with powder as well?
Fran

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 21:04: Jay Caplan  wrote
Fran,
If you could sputter the powder surface onto the fins of a brazed heat
exchanger
http://fintube.thomasnet.com/item/all-categories/finbraze--2/item-1010?
<http://fintube.thomasnet.com/item/all-categories/finbraze--2/item-1010?&for
ward=1> &forward=1
 then the H2 could be inputted through a tube surrounding the finned
exchanger
(with an outer lead pipe shield if there actually is gamma to deal with.)
The
heat transfer fluid running through the center tube - center tube welded to
the
outer tube at the ends to maintain H2 pressure. Brazed fins for continuous
duty
to 950 F.

But it might be easier to have square fins with ~1-2 mm between them, and
the
adjacent two fins brazed closed on 3 sides.
http://fintube.thomasnet.com/item/all-categories/stamped-plate-fin/item-1015
?
<http://fintube.thomasnet.com/item/all-categories/stamped-plate-fin/item-101
5?&forward=1> &forward=1
 Fill the top side with the nanopowders, vibrate to settle, H2 still loads
from
the outer tube. ???