Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

Coupled with the admission that the steam was wet (which has seemed pretty
> obvious to me for quite a while, though, as I've said before, I'm no expert)
> this makes Galantini's assertions about steam look pretty unreliable.

1. I do not see them "admitting" any such thing.

2. It cannot be "obvious" to you because you were not there and you have not
used instruments or done tests to measure the enthalpy of the steam. Yes,
anyone can see that the short video uploaded recently shows wet steam, but
that was probably far away from the machine, and the steam was probably
cooled. You have to measure a short distance from the reactor core, which is
what Galantini reportedly did.

3. The second test with liquid phase flow calorimetry confirmed that the
first test was right plus or minus ~10%. The speculation here that the steam
might have had 20 times less enthalpy than claimed (or 1000 times less) is
preposterous and totally unfounded. It is a shame that details about the
second test have not been released, but there is no reason to doubt these
results are real.

Rossi does not wish to make an effort to convince people his machine is
real. He has *said that*, repeatedly. When I asked for the opportunity to go
there and test the steam quality, and also to run more liquid phase flow
calorimetry, he firmly turned me down. He did not want me to do that.
Perhaps this is because he does not trust that I have sufficient expertise.
But I don't think that's the reason. I think he would have told me: "you are
not qualified." He is a very frank.He said emphatically he wants no more
tests before the 1 MW demonstration. I think that policy is ill-advised. I
do not understand it. But it is his decision, and I suppose he has his
reasons.

He also said he is too busy to do a test with my instruments. That is
understandable. It takes all day. It is more involved than the quick
show-and-tell demonstration he did for Krivit. I have no problem being told:
"I cannot spare a whole day to help you."

I do not know what Krivit expected to see or whether he discussed the agenda
before he left. Frankly, if he wanted to see reports from Levi or Galantini,
he should have asked for those reports before buying the airplane ticket. As
I said, I always try to learn what it is I will do before I set off on a
trip. Rossi told me he would only be willing to do the kind of quick
demonstration he did for Krivit. I did not wish to go all the way to Italy
to see that. I told Rossi no thank you, and there were no hard feelings. If
people do not wish to share data, there is no point to being
confrontational. In my case, there is no point to going.