On Sep 28, 2011, at 11:03 PM, peter.heck...@arcor.de wrote:

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Rich Murray <rmfor...@gmail.com>
An:      vortex-L@eskimo.com
Datum:   29.09.2011 03:04
Betreff: [Vo]:H2 and O2 bubbles <.15 micrometer burn, damaging electrodes in AC electrolysis -- could complicate cold fusion devices: Rich Murray 2011.09.28

H2 and O2 bubbles <.15 micrometer burn, damaging electrodes in AC
electrolysis -- could complicate cold fusion devices: Rich Murray
2011.09.28

It would be interesting to know the frequencies and current densities used.

I am still looking for a simple experiment that I could do myself at home to prove LENR effects ;-)

Now I had this idea:
Use a NiMH battery. The positive electrode consists out of Nickel +Nickeloxide nanoparticles, so far I know. The electrolyte is KOH. The negative electrode is an unkown alloy that is optimized to form metalhydrides, it has high hydrogen adsorption capacity.

"Charge" a NiMH battery reverse, of course with very low current, otherwise it would explode. For the current use AC + a DC bias. Then bubbles should form at the positive Nickel electrode, that contain HH + O, but if the "charging" AC has a negative bias, the bubbles should contain more hydrogen than necessary to burn.

This should happen: A microbubble forms inside the Nickel Nanomaterial. H2+O combustion ignites. The Bubble expands and because the combustion product is water, the bubble should then collapse rapidly. Because we have a surplus of Hydrogen, the Hydrogen + the Nickel Nanomaterial should now be under high pressure inside the bubble. Because electrolysis forms atomar hydrogen, I hope that Nickel-Hydrogen LENR reacions happen inside the NiMH battery.

;-)

Peter

NiMH batteries have been tested for excess heat both in forward current and reverse current mode, with null results. To my knowledge no testing for transmutation or occasional high energy radiation has been made.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/