Am 30.09.2011 01:54, schrieb Horace Heffner:

NiMH batteries have been tested for excess heat both in forward current and reverse current mode, with null results. To my knowledge no testing for transmutation or occasional high energy radiation has been made.

Could you tell sources for this? Please.

I did a quick experiment today at work.
I used an old NiMH AA cell that was not been charged for some years.
It was completely empty.
I applied a reverse DC current of 3 Ampere for one minute or so.
The voltage at the cell was 3V.
This are 9 Watts, but the cell remained cold and the voltage did not change.
With 9 Watts it must become warm!
So I have now discovered anamolous lack of thermal energy. ;-)

I was unable to make a longer experiment, because I dont want an exploding AA cell at work.
I intend to make a secure (remote) setup and to do this at home.....

I found this document, where NASA found excess heat in H-Ni electrolysis.
<http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19960016952_1996035672.pdf>

They did, however use platinum as an anode and nickel as a kathode.
Also they did not use KOH but K2CO3.
They report 1.68 as COP.
I ask myself, if this is repeatable, why dont they do their research with this setup and try to improve this?
Could it be this document is an april joke that was leaked out?

I cannot afford platinum, I hope graphite can also be used instead as a chemical inert electrode.

Best regards,

Peter.