Let's see ...  The total length of that section looks to be about 10 cm.

Let's apply your "resistor" calculation.

As a first approximation, consider only the shortest path from the thermistor
to the fluid.

Vin = 100 (Voltage :: Temperature) Steam
Vout = 30 : Output of heat exchanger.

The "resistance" is proportional to the length of brass between the thermistor
and the heat source.

For the steam output .. the closest it gets to the thermistor is about 5 cm
(half the total length)
For the heat exchanger it's the thickness of the tube .. say 0.2 cm

We have a loop of

Vin -- Rin -- Rout -- Vout (Kirchoff)
and V = IR (good old ohm)

Since Vin and Vout oppose, V = Vin - Vout =  100 - 30 = 70
Rin and Rout are in series, and their resistance is proportional to distance
... arbitrarily 1 ohm/cm.
(The actual resistivity/thermal conduction would just cancel out).

R = Rin + Rout = 5 + 0.2 =  5.2

I = V/R = 70 / (Rin + Rout) = 13.5   (I'm rounding all values off a spreadsheet)

Then we can calculate the voltage (temp) drop across Rout -- Vdrop -- which is
the error due to heat conduction from the steam input.

Vdrop = I * Rout  = 70 * Rout / ( Rin + Rout) = 70 * 0.2 / (5 + 0.2 ) = 2.7

Since the measured drop across the heat exchanger was about 6 C, that's a bit
close for comfort.

I suspect that if you actually did a 2D or 3D FEM calculation would come out a
LOT smaller.