From: Horace Heffner [mailto:hheff...@mtaonline.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:33 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi heat exchanger fitting

On Oct 8, 2011, at 10:08 PM, Alan Fletcher wrote:

> I think that the sensor is under the black tape near the END of the
> pipe -- you can see the wire going under it -- which I estimated as
> 5 cm from the center.

That tape is not on the the sensor per se but on a wire leading to the
sensor. The wire looks to be long enough to make it to the steel nut.  Look
again at

http://www.redmatica.com/media/Thermo1.jpg

The red arrow points to the tip of the thermocouple I think. There appears
to be some frayed insulation pealed back near there.  It looks like a bug.
The thermocouple protrudes to the left of that. The sensor appears to have a
clear tape on it, like Scotch tape, but back from the tip, and way forward
from the black tape.

In:

http://www.redmatica.com/media/Thermo2.jpg

you can see that there is enough room for the sensor to extend out over the
top of the  big steel nut.  You might have to blow up the section next to
the red arrow to see the sensor tip. I have attached a clip of the sensor
tip in which you can see the nut at the bottom and the red arrow tip at the
left.  The stuff to the bottom of the sensor, bottom left of photo, looks
like either Scotch tape or frayed insulation.