That's terrible, then.  The thermistor is (my eye) 2.5 cm from the closest
point of the incoming steam line (the center of the block) through solid brass.

My 2-resistor calculation then gives a 5V (5C) offset. (I couldn't find the
22passi link).

I tried a triangular resistor mesh with 21 elements (a crude approximation of a
tube with a 0.2cm wall thickness) and it gets even worse, not better ...
10V/10C.

I'll have to double-check my methodology, but I think I'm doing it right.

I might try to simulate a rectangular mesh (Spice or Elmer) -- but I'm short on
time for a couple of weeks.