All devices will  be self contained with E-ORBO's, M-ORBO's, HephaHeat
heaters or as yet uninvented devices-- no connection to any external power
sources will be needed at all. They'll be AA batteries that last forever
etc.

Induction generators are for the near term -- a couple of years, helping to
pay for the initial equipment.  They'll quicken the phase out the dirty coal
plants.

All generators (Alternators)  are inherently AC which must be rectified
unless you want carbon brushes ( you don't ).

DC is good for many things, but it has its problems with metal and ion
migration, polarization etc.  Induction motors don't run on it and they're
the cheapest motors.The new Phoenix rapid transit system uses DC but they
put in special corrosion mitigation systems.

Power companies will fade away and all those ugly high-tension lines will
dissappear :-) .

Hoyt Stearns
Scottsdale, Arizona