Andrea Rossi said to reporters:

> We do not use radioactive materials, do not leave radioactive material and
> the highes temperature we can reach is the melting point of nickel : once
> the nickel melts, the E-Cat stops and this fact makes it intrinsecally safe.

In two follow-up questions, reporters asked:

What he meant by "leaving" radioactive material. Earlier he claimed that
radioactivity is detected during the event. It was pointed out that
radioactive materials cannot simply vanish once they have been created.

Also it was pointed out that the melting point of nickel is
1453°C, and that if the device reaches this temperature before the reaction
stops this could easily cause a serious explosion. This temperature seems
too high to be considered "intrinsically safe."

Rossi responded: "<meep meep!> and ran away at high speed, vanishing in
cloud of dust.