Mattia Rizzi <mattia.ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you declare to run a 1MW reactor and if you declare that generate heat
> with gamma radiation, then it's nuclear.

Is that what Rossi declared in his application for a permit? Did you read
the application or the permit? If you did not, you do not know what he told
the government, or what they told him.

We have only his word for this. I have never caught him lying about
technical engineering claims. I cannot evaluate his statements about gamma
radiation and theory, but experts tell me they make no sense. His statements
about his business are full of holes. So I am not confident that he really
does have a permit. I doubt there is gamma radiation, but you never know.

If he does have a permit, I suppose it would be the kind he described, for
an experimental device. It sounds plausible.