All,

Thanks for your input, I updated the paper to incorporate most of your comments.
@Aussie Thanks;

@Peter I maintain that Rossi forced the current big breakthrough,
whether it is "just an additive" or not. I agree with you that it is
fair to mention Piantelli and Focardi as founders and completely
revised that section to include it.

@Rich I believe I did pay a fair amount of attention to the critics. I
summarized all point is the paragraph "What the critics say" and more
in the paragraph about Rossi. I think the critique you summarize is
equally valid for super-conduction. Any paper in professional
literature can be found to "lack of common sense" on some points and
short of some additional measurement that could have been done on
others, once scrutinized by an army of skeptics. However, the sum of
the work done by many independent laboratories using a variety of
different approaches shows, without doubt, a pattern that is difficult
to reject as pathological science. Small government funding for
further investigation is well warranted. No point to criticize
something that doesn't exist, if you don't like it, ignore it. But I
do like your contributions Rich:-)

@Alain "I feel as if I missed something, about CF or about humanity"
- Exactly! What is going on? I feel like Truman in one of your "human
systems" experiments ;-)

@Robin I was a bit overly optimistic with the energy density,
corrected it. 3 cubic mile oil - equivalents is our energy
consumption, this includes coal and uranium (and renewables). 1 CMO is
oil alone. I corrected it anyway, no point overstating that. Thanks
for pointing this out, it's not worth getting caught on.

Some (early version of?) H-bombs use multiple fission bombs, not all,
and maybe none of the modern ones. It doesn't really matter, I feel
like I have to underline the dirtiness of this business anyway.
Intriguing in this regard I find the new studies that point out that
there is very little evidence of the fusion part of these bombs
contributing significantly to the power. Intriguing because the
inventor of the H-bomb is a prominent cold-fusion skeptic, citing the
lack of evidence...

"Hydrogen atoms do not repel each other. Naked protons repel each other. That's
why hot fusion is so difficult - they insist on using naked protons."
- I agree. For sake of simplicity I skipped over it. And technically
it isn't wrong. Atoms attract at some length scales, but not at all.
That's why hydrogen does form molecules but doesn't fuse just like
that. I don't like the emphasis some people put on the "stripping off
of electrons", as if that's a big deal in the fusion process, as if
that's hard, as if that gets you close to fusion itself.

The sentence "no one claims to know,..." is wrong in itself,
obviously. Of course there are many people claiming all sorts of
stuff. The next sentence basically says so too. That cold fusion
actually isn't fusion is a small step, I think. After one accepts that
something happens that we don't understand why it's a small step to
accept that something happens that is unknown all together. I still
have to learn more about the Hydrino theory, a simple introduction to
Hydrino's would be appreciated ;-).

Thanks for all the style corrections.

Bastiaan.

bit.ly/cold-fusion