On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Harry Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dozens of amateur researchers ( Steorn included ) have established
> that it is possible to circumvent Lenz's law. The hope is this will
> eventually lead to a free energy device.

Steorn has never demonstrated any violation of any natural law whatsoever.
All they did was to make an inefficient pulse motor which converted most of
the power fed to it to heat.  It was powered with a large, 10 Amp hour
battery -- the largest D cell it is possible to buy and that was recharged
regularly by the guy who observers nicknamed derisively "Tachoman".  They
called him that because he was usually seen checking for the deceleration
of the supposed overunity devices using a tachometer.  Sean McCarthy
hilariously tried and failed to convince anyone that this awkward
contraption was "overunity".

Everything they have shown consisted of errors, inappropriate
instrumentation choices, mis-measurements, bad calculations, incomplete
data and data reduction, inappropriate conclusions and downright
deception.  Or perhaps you didn't see the video (since removed and censored
by Steorn) of the questions and answers after their so-called demo at the
Waterways Museum?   Or the aftersession they held at the upstairs rooms at
the Kinetica Museum?  Or maybe you missed the replication (only better
running and faster and it charges its own battery) of Steorn's device by
the critic who calls himself Alsetalokin and calls his device the Orbette?

Sorry, I didn't mean to get into a discussion of Steorn but hey, there was
the opportunity.

I know of no properly demonstrated violation of Lenz law.  Such a violation
would also violate COE and Newton 3.  That's rather unlikely, at least on
any macro scale for any appreciable time period -- or the universe would
not be the way we see it.