On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary Yugo wrote:
>
>  Rossi views the mention of Petroldragon, a stupendously expensive and
>> environmentally disastrous failure,
>>

> That is an absurd exaggeration. A thing like that can be cleaned up
> without much difficulty or expense. A "stupendously expensive and
> environmentally disastrous failure" would be something like the Deepwater
> Horizon oil spill or the Fukushima nuclear plant disaster.
>
> Petroldragon was a minor, annoying, short term problem.

I'm sure it was minor for you -- you don't live there.  For the people
dealing with millions of pounds of toxic waste at a cost of millions of
dollars, it was far from trivial.  See for example:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fit.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPetroldragon

By the way, do you always excuse outrageous neglect and/or criminality by
pointing out the world's worst cases as counterpoint?   Is Fukushima
somehow an excuse for Petroldragon?  Really?