Alain,

I am trying to find minimal semi-classical models for W-L theory.
Quantum W-L theory requires intense local e-m fields.

Metallic nano-structures can super-focus coulomb and magnetic fields.
Surface probes show huge amplifications at nano-sized "hotspots" - even
after 2-Dimensional filtering which smudges and attenuates peaks.

Does a "hotspot" electron passing free protons (with equal, opposite
momentum) or an immobile proton experience enough ampere force long enough
to overcome the 780 KeV barrier, producing a ULMN?

Using classical physics, the two references I cited indicate that in
nanostructures, conduction electrons' momentum, inertial mass and magnetic
energy can be vastly larger than in macroscopic circuits.  Maybe a
semi-classical analysis can yield reasonable results - if actual field
strengths, charge densities, electron velocities,... are used?
Are entanglement, nonlocality, Bose condenscation, ... really needed?

I'm uncertain.  Good data is hard to find.

Thanks for the reply,
Lou Pagnucco