At 07:15 PM 5/10/2012, Alan J Fletcher wrote:
At 04:42 PM 5/10/2012, ecat builder wrote:
Wow. That is a spark plug on that reactor! See Pages 13, 14, 16, 18.
Page 18 has a spark plug on the desk. Interesting...

Maybe they preload hydrogen, let in some oxygen and ignite it. Gives a very sharp pressure/temperature pulse.

I thought this was a neat idea for startup until I realized that this would form water in there, which would then need to be flushed out. I'd think that gas would not be flowing through an operating device, and consumption of hydrogen (requiring flow in) would be very low. It could be a lot more complicated than electrically heating the thing.