Jojo, I do not recall any evidence of a spark plug or similar device in Rossi's
designs.  It is true that the internal heating unit was well concealed and not
subject to inspection during his first small cylindrical design.  Also, I
suspect that it would be possible to carefully construct a small spark gap that
could be driven by the PWM controller that he used for these tests.  Perhaps
that is his secret sauce.

Do you recall any evidence from his statements that suggests the use of sparks
for the purpose you mentioned?  I can not remember any mention whatsoever of
this process in any of his correspondences.  We will only know for sure when we
actually get our hands upon some of his products.

I suspect that Rossi is having trouble with control of his devices because he
depends upon temperature as the main driving force behind the energy
production.  DGT may have discovered the spark process with one stroke of
genius and that is why they are doing so well with their development.

Your thoughts about the rapid heating and cooling due to sparks within the
hydrogen are interesting.  I would be concerned that the local heating due to
this effect would be excessive as in a hydrogen torch and would degrade the
nickel by melting.  How would you distribute the heating so as to alleviate
this issue?

Dave