Rossi has not mentioned anything about spark plugs, though I suspect that
sparks being central to his design, he would misdirect about it.  I am of the
opinion that those things that are mentioned by Rossi are the wrong ideas,
while those things that he is curiously silent about are the key.  A basic
assumption I am working from is that Rossi would misdirect, while DGT would be
more candid.  So far, that assumption appears to hold.  I believe Rossi calls
his high voltage sparks as "RF".

I've always wondered about the amount of electronics in Rossi's blue box.
Seems to me that if you only wanted to control power to a resistance heater,
you won't need that tangled web of electronics we saw in his blue box.  Those
electronics are for some process totalling unrelated to his resistance heating,
IMO.

Remember one of those videos by Matts Lewan.  Krivit rightly mentioned that
before Lewan entered the room where the steam output was, there appears to be
no steam popping noise.  When Lewan entered the room, the steam immediately
started popping.  When Lewan went back, he caught Rossi red handed with his
hands at the controls manipulating something.  I speculate that Rossi was
manipulating sparks.  That's the most logical conclusion for me as no other
heating mechanism can instantaneously create lots of heat and steam in the time
it takes Lewan to enter the room (probably a few seconds).

As for your question on how to distribute the heat, you are right, but the
answer is turbulence.  In another thread, I speculated that sparking must be
accompanied by turbulence and mixing.  If not, the sparks would quickly "cook"
and melt the nickel nanostructures critical to the process.  A design must be
made that would insure that sparks do not follow the same path everrytime, and
if it does, it must not pass through the same set of nickel powder particles.
Hence, turbulence is key.

I have designed my reactor to achieve both these goals.  I believe for me, it
is now just a matter of hunting for that secret ingredient.  Axil's speculation
about Cesium being the secret ingredient is quite compelling.

Jojo