I think it might be interesting to take a page out of the playbook of
Robert Godes from Brillouin Energy.

He uses a very high voltage nanosecond pulse that would melt the wire if it
were any longer. The pulse is over before the wire has a chance to heat up.
The same might be true for nano powder.

There is an interesting article out today about extremely powerful but
short laser pulses exciting Graphene.

http://phys.org/news/2012-05-properties-carbon-material-graphene.html

Researchers find new properties of the carbon material graphene
A short laser pulse inverts the electron population of Graphene from low
energy to high energy with energy gain. How this can happen is a mystery to
me. Where does the energy gain come from? Nanotubes are just rolled up
Graphene so the same thing should happen in nanotubes.

Cheers:   Axil

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Robert Lynn <robert.gulliver.l...@gmail.com