On 2012-08-14 15:43, Andre Blum wrote:

[...]
has not seen excess heat. We are at a point now where we have to decide
on a direction to take for next experiments. Maybe you are right that we
should try with alloys.

Remember that material surface nano/micro structures appear to be very important, at least in Celani's case. Excessively large or even excessively small structures are detrimental for the excess heat effect. Try reading recent papers and presentation by Francesco Celani from LENR-CANR.org for more details.

This can be a good start: http://www.iscmns.org/work10/Celani.pdf
(not on lenr-canr.org, but it's available there too AFAIK).

I don't remember if Francesco Celani ever got much in detail on how the material treatment is performed. Apparently a paper dedicated on this aspect alone is under preparation. That will be interesting to check out when it will be released.

Cheers,
S.A.