Jouni Valkonen <jounivalko...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes you did say. You said that hot fusion researchers are trying to
> 'suppress' it and indeed hot fusion research is operating with extremely
> big money.

As noted that was Abd, not me. However, it is true that the plasma fusion
scientists played a leading role in suppressing cold fusion. I suppose they
did this mainly to protect their budget. There is no doubt they played a
leading role. They did it quite publicly, in the mass media. They are proud
of what they did.

I suppose plasma fusion funding is "big money." It is far bigger than most
academic funding. But I take the expression "big money" to mean businesses,
Wall Street, the DoD or political parties. Academic funding is microscopic
in comparison.

The opposition to cold fusion is caused by academic politics, in two ways:

1. Scientists tend to be conservative and unwilling to believe new
information. Most of them know nothing about cold fusion but they are
certain it must be wrong.

2. Academic funding may be small, but it is how these people make their
living. If cold fusion is funded many academic researchers in other areas
related to energy will lose their livelihoods. So they will fight it tooth
and nail. I suppose I would too, if I were in their place.