On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson <
orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:

> From Mark Gibbs****
>
> > And remember, this whole discussion is Peter's fault ...
>
> Peter's fault? Whatever...

I was joking. Of course it wasn't his "fault" ... this may not be the place
for levity.

> > "When there is a testable theory or a demonstrably practical device."
>
> ** A demonstrably "practical device", sure, yeah, I get that. I suspect
> everyone on this list gets that. But A "demonstrable testable theory"?

Nope. I wrote  "a testable theory" ... you even quoted me!

> Well, sure, it would be nice to have one of those things lying around in
> the laboratory. But in its absence I sure as hell wouldn't let it stop me
> from trying to put a little jam on my toast. That seems to be what  lot of
> people are attempting to do these days. Obviously one of those individuals
> includes the highly controversial Italian, Rossi. Is Rossi and his little
> dog-and-pony show for real? I don’t know. Hopefully, we’ll know the answer
> to that soon.

You miss my point ... it was "or" not "and." Either would be the answer to
Peter's question. At least that what I was suggesting.

I give up. It seems you and Jed are committed to being right about the
argument you want to have.

[m]