I am of the opinion that Anderson localization is among the many Quantum
mechanical mechanisms that are central to and underlie the some lines of
LENR technology.

These lines involve hairy nickel nano-particles and cracks in metal
lattices to be more specific.

American physicist Philip W. Anderson won the Nobel Prize for Physics in
1977, for his research into the electronic structure of magnetic and
disordered systems, which led to the introduction of greatly advanced
electronic switching and memory devices for computers.

In 1958 he explored the phenomenon of electron localization, or Anderson
localization, wherein beyond a critical amount of impurity scattering the
diffusive motion of an electron halts.

In 1959 he published a theory explaining "superexchange", an interaction
between the electrons of two molecular entities mediated by one or more
molecules or ions.

In 1961 he developed what is now called the Anderson model, to explain the
behavior of heavy fermion systems.

It is interesting to note that Anderson localization is at the forefront of
experimental solid state and condensed matter Physics.

After more than 60 years since its conception and after three decades after
its recognition by the Nobel committee as a major field of physics has this
quantum mechanical principle begin its demonstration in experimentation.

In support of Jed’s point, some fields of knowledge advance at a very slow
pace, especially as related to quantum mechanics, but this lack of speed
should not discourage the recognition of their importance to scientific
advance.

Cheers:   axil