Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> About the sensationalizers and entrepreneurs who make claims, beyond Rossi
> and Defkalion there is Brillouin, and further afield, there are Lattice
> Energy, the Rohner brothers and Nanospire.  We have a lot of fun analyzing
> their claims in great detail here. But one should resist putting them all
> in the LENR basket.

Yup. I assume they are LENR but I have no proof of that. I do not even know
if these claims are real.

> To further add to the confusion that exists in the wild and wooly world of
> free energy, some ambitious individuals have taken it upon themselves to
> make a distinction between LENR and cold fusion, and to discount the latter.

Yeah. The magnetic motor people, the Swiss ML Testakica, the Orgone energy
people, and on, and on. Who knows what to make of them. I ignore them. I
assume they are fruitcakes. But I have not investigated them and I have no
proof of anything. I cannot dismiss a claim I know nothing about.

I never upload anything to LENR-CANR other than the hydride metal lattice
claims. I am not opposed to these other claims, but I assume our readers
are looking for information on hydride LENR, not magnetic motors.

People interested in that should see http://pesn.com/

> All of this is a recipe for boundless and eternal confusion unless one
> carefully  picks a reference point and proceeds from there. A respected
> researcher such as Ed Storms or Michael McKubre is a good place to start
> with regard to demarcating LENR, specifically.

Exactly.

> It is this smaller set of claims that Jed and Ed Storms are discussing.

And that is what we know about. Don't ask me about magnet motors. Gene
Mallove was interested in them but I do not want to spread myself that thin.

> The subject matter of this list ranges much further than that and gets
> into claims that are delightfully ludicrous and even possibly fraudulent.

Some of that stuff may be fraudulent. I have no way of knowing. I wouldn't
invest in it!

For all I know, Rossi might be fraudulent. He sure acts like it sometimes!
Like a con-man from central casting. I doubt he is a fraud though, because
I know people who have given him large sums of money, and none of them have
complained he defrauded them. I also doubt it because he is so
over-the-top, I can't imagine he would get away with fleecing anyone.

I am not a policeman or a private investigator. It is none of my business
whether he is or is not a fraud. I have no way of checking, and no interest
in checking. I would not invest any money with him because he is mercurial,
not because I suspect him of fraud.

I have read a lot of history. Many great inventors were sharp
dealers. Steve Jobs fleeced Wozniak and others, and both of them made a
business of stealing telephone service. Edison was not someone you wanted
to do business with. Bill Gates likes business deals in which he ends up
paying nothing yet somehow holding the cards and the IP. Around 1911 the
Wright brothers hired a young fellow to develop something and did not pay
him several months until he drifted away, bemused but wiser. He wrote a
charming memoir about it. William Shockley was not a sharp dealer and not
dishonest, but he was a terrible person to work for. Paranoid and
controlling. You would not want to cut a business deal with him.