From: mixent <mix...@bigpond.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 9:43 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:understanding Piantelli et al.'s 2013 EP2368252B1 patent

Hi,
[snip]
>Hi,
>[snip]
>>Has anyone studied Piantelli's work enough to comment on whether I've
>>gotten this right or missed something important?  Can anyone (Robin?)
>>comment on which parts are controversial and which are accepted physics?  I
>>understand that you can see the emission of a gamma ray from large,
>>metastable nuclei, when the nucleons rearrange to a lower energy level, but
>>is this possible with as light an atom as nickel?
>
>Apparently a double beta decay of 58Ni to 58Fe is energetically possible, with
>the release of 1.9 MeV, which falls in the middle of the range reported by
>Piantelli for his proton energy.

This is actually a double beta+ conversion, two protons converting to two
neutrons, so it might also be seen as a double electron capture reaction.
A Hydrino molecule might merge with the 58Ni. The shrunken electrons are
captured and convert protons into neutrons, and two protons are ejected in place
of the Hydrino molecule. Or alternatively, the two shrunken electrons of the
Hydrino molecule are captured by the 58Ni nucleus, converting it into 58Fe, and
the protons of the Hydrino molecule are ejected.
Either way, energy is released, and protons are ejected.

BTW a double electron capture reaction would add the energy of two electron
masses to the reaction, i.e. adding another 1 MeV, thus neatly accounting for
the 3 MeV that Piantelli reports as his maximum.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk