My guess is that these professors do not exist. I find it hard to believe
they have cut off all contact with Rossi, or he has cut off contact with
them. As I said, he tends to micromanage things.

Perhaps he made this up, or it is a garbled version of reality. Perhaps 11
professors expressed interest in testing a device, and there was some back
and forth, and they got some kind of machine from him, or some advice. Or
they said they would do something but they never got around to it.

Who knows? I can never make sense of Rossi's business plans. He claimed he
had a major corporation lined up. It turned out to be Ampenergo (sp?) which
was a few smart people without much money as far as I can tell. He claimed
he had a research contract with a university but it was never signed or
never executed, or he was supposed to come up with money and he never
did. His claims about his business are contradictory and enveloped in a
smoke screen.