>From Roger B:

> No, LENR and UFOs are not in the same category.

> LENR has lots of physical evidence.  The so-called

> physical evidence for UFOs is very weak if not non-existent.

I disagree. They are very much in the same category. In many cases trying to
produce a LENR phenomenon has been damned near impossible to accomplish,
even by experienced LENR researchers. Granted, lately some seem to be
getting better at reproducing the LENR effect. Unfortunately, UFO
investigators have had less luck. No doubt the fact that it's impossible to
sequester UFO phenomenon within the confines of a laboratory has something
to do with the problem. ;-)

UFO phenomenon happens when it happens. The phenomenon NEVER occurs under
any kind of a laboratory condition. For some to use the premise that the
evidence is weak or non-existent because there is no official documented
evidence is a blatant cop out. They just don't want to deal with the issue
nor the potential ramifications.

See the following commissioned painting I did for an individual who had an
unexpected encounter of his own back in the mid 1980s:

http://orionworks.com/artgal/svj/MayEncounters_m.htm

How does one prove it happened. Or that it even existed. The observer
certainly knows. But for the rest of us. Ah.... he just has a vivid
imagination, or he was drinking. Blah blah blah.

BTW, surely you don't think the military hasn't had a chance to accumulate
some interesting gun camera footage over the past 50 years? I bet there is
plenty of evidence. And those who have accumulated the best evidence aren't
talking.

> [LENRs will help people.  UFOs are just a distraction from

> worry about paying one's bills.]

I disagree. I realizes you are probably saying this in jest, but IMO UFOs
are not a distraction. Many had no choice in what it was they saw. It just
happened to them - randomly so. What does that have to do with becoming a
distraction from paying the bills.

> The so-called physical evidence for UFOs are completely

> out of our control.  There is no way to predict when a

> UFO sighting will happen next.  The physical evidence for

> LENRs is in our control, mostly.  We can generally know

> when LENRs are going to happen.

Indeed. But the fact is that both UFOs and LENR strike many as unproved
phenomenon.

> The only thing that LENRs and UFOs have in common is that

> they are edgy, unexplained, out-of-the-mainstream.  The

> UFO sighting phenomena is a legitimate arena of scientific

> study, but scientists are too gutless to try.

Indeed, I agree with that conclusion.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.OrionWorks.com