a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Jones Beene,

As I wrote earlier, if it works will be very difficult to prove it well
> enough to satisfy the critics.

Why would that be a problem? Just bring in a critic and let him observe the
machine in operation for a week or so.

Okay, you could never satisfy the irrational opponents, or people such as
the Amazing Randi or Taubes, because they do not understand basic science.
But you could convince most legitimate scientists and engineers. Rossi had
no trouble convincing the Swedish Skeptic Society guy.

Maybe Rossi has an easier job, because the device is smaller. In that case,
I would show the visiting skeptic the big machine in operation and also the
small prototype one, both in continuous operation. It would be easier for
the skeptic to bring his own table and put the small machine on top if it,
and to take various other steps to ensure there is no fraud.