Just because Rossi knows of SiC tubes, doesn't mean that is what the hotCat
was made from.  AFAIK, there are no usable ductile forms of SiC.  I see
articles about diamond machining of SiC in the "ductile regime", but this
doesn't mean that the ceramic tube behaves as a ductile tube would under
expansive pressure.

Nothing you said explains why Penon would have identified a SiC tube as
painted stainless steel.  Nor did you say how a SiC tube would be used to
make a hotCat reactor. I can't imagine that SiC composite with carbon fiber
would be a long term leak-proof ceramic to hydrogen.  It would also be
terrible to form a high temperature hermetic seal whilst the hydride was
inside.

Rossi might try SiC for a hotCat now or in the future (I think unlikely),
but that is not what is shown in the Penon report.  Rossi is a master of
deceptive leads, and his story about SiC might be just that - not to say it
was a lie, because he never said the hotCat reactor was made with SiC.