OK Jones, you claim SiC because this fits with your concept of plasmons while you claim I ignore SiC because it is not required in my crack theory. Actually, I reject plasmons simply because they can not initiate a nuclear reaction in a material. You will have to wait until you read my book to fully understand this claim. However, it has no relationship to the crack theory. As for what Rossi et al. claim, we have no way to know what is real and what is translation error or simply sloppy description.

Ed Storms
On Jan 26, 2014, at 4:47 PM, Jones Beene wrote:

From: Edmund Storms

Jones, why focus on paint? Various methods exist to turn a metal surface black so that it would emit radiation effectively.

Well, this is not my focus but it is what Penon stated: paint.

Of course we know that Penon had already screwed up big time by releasing the study, which he was not authorized to do. What else did he get wrong?

Not only that, Rossi said that the external surface was coated with “Black paint”. He failed to mention anything except the external surface. That’s right – read the write-up. The paint on the interior is someone’s invention.

BTW - the paint is proprietary formulation, resistant up to 1200° C, made specifically for Leonardo Corp. by Universokrema, Treviso, Italy.

This stuff is thick gook. I have used something similar and IT CANNOT BE APPLIED EVENLY due to extremely high solids content.

However the image clearly shows a black smooth interior, which is consistent with SiC but is not consistent with SS or even painted SS since it is smooth.

I agree with Bob, absolutely no benefit would result from using a SiC tube.

Wait a minute ! There are several strong benefits, to the extent that one accepts plasmons/polaritons as the operative mechanism.

Since you have an alternative theory involving cracks as the operative mechanism, then of course you do would not automatically accept the plasmon explanation. Otherwise any unbiased observer would instantly see the value of SiC and its monochromatic IR spectrum for plasmons.

There is almost no doubt in my mind that this tube is SiC and that it is one of the ones which Rossi and Focardi obtained from ENEA – which are ductile.

They may or may not be ductile because of the presence of CNT – that is the only speculation.

Jones