What I meant is that Rossi doesn't make is own starting (un-catalyzed) Ni
particles, he buys them.  The Ni powder he buys is produced by the
manufacturer from precipitation of liquid nickel tetracarbonyl.  The powder
produced by this process is just pure Ni having a high external surface
area in a 4-10 micron flower bud form.  It is commonly referred to as
"carbonyl nickel" because it was produced from that process.  That Rossi
just buys this pure "carbonyl Ni" powder is my assertion.

Bob