How about this...

The calorimeter only measures the heat (infrared portion of the emission
spectrum). The visible and EUV portion of the emissions spectrum carry the
majority of the reaction energy.

There is the plasma blast energy that is lost which could be substantial.
The majority of the energy produced by this sort of reaction is the energy
carried by the electrons liberated by the plasma and also contributed by
the electric arc, It is a mistake of the first order to waste the energy
content of these electrons.