On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> [snip]
> >If hydrinos and deuterinos are both present, perhaps it is possible for
> the
> >neutron stripping to work in two directions such that a deuterino can give
> >up a neutron to a heavy nucleus and a heavy nucleus can give up a neutron
> >to hydrino. ( I am thinking of a nuclear version of epicatalysis.)
> >
> >Harry
> A heavy nucleus won't give up a neutron to a Hydrino, because in doing so
> it
> would lose about 5-10 MeV, but only gain 2.2 MeV from the formation of the
> deuteron.

​That means it is an endothermic reaction, but that doesn't mean it is
impossible​.
I am not implying that neutron stripping should be discarded ​if the
reverse reaction is possible.
​
​ ​
mentioned epicatalysis because
​theoretical research on​

​the subject

​was recently ​
published in Physical Review E. Along with some empirical evidence the
research suggests that deviations
​of practical significance ​
from the 2nd law of law thermodynamics are possible
​with epicatalysis
​:​

https://www.facebook.com/ParadigmEnergy/posts/249600938581128

Now the theory of epicatalysis is based on chemical activity, but I don't
see why the theory could not be broadened to include nuclear activity or
other unconventional high energy activity if a given heat anomaly is too
large to explain by just chemical activity.

A tacit assumption of CF/LENR research is that an anomalous thermal signal
will have practical significance if it results from the conversion of
potential energy into kinetic energy in a one way process. The assumption
holds whether the source of energy is nuclear or chemical or some other.
Consequently, measured temperature anomalies are suspect until they are
supported by additional calorimetry which yields a global temperature rise.
If this global temperature rise (excess heat signal) is not found, and
measurement error is ruled out, then the temperature anomaly will be
classified as a local fluctuation with no practical significance. This
interpretation of temperature signals is motivated by the demands of the
2nd law of thermodynamics.

However, if a process like epicatalysis is creating the temperature
anomalies then the methods used to measure an excess heat signal need to be
reconsidered. Detecting an excess heat signal ordinarily means looking for
a global temperature rise which requires that the source of an anomaly be
placed in a thermally closed environment since it is assumed the
temperature rise is based on the creation of kinetic energy from inside the
system. In contradistinction epicatalysis transfers energy from a lower
temperature region to a higher temperature region. If the purpose of the
enclosure is to detect a global temperature rise none will be found.

Harry