I wrote:

There was this relevant detail in an NYT story about the man with Ebola who
> flew into Dallas: ...

To update the number of people who may have come into contact with the
fellow from West Africa with Ebola who flew into Dallas, it appears we're
talking about ~ 100 people rather than 12-18:

The Texas health commissioner, Dr. David Lakey, told reporters during an
> afternoon news conference that officials had encountered “a little bit of
> hesitancy” in seeking a firm to clean the apartment. ... The delay came
> amid reports that as many as 100 people could have had contact with the
> victim, Thomas E. Duncan. And it came a day after the hospital acknowledged
> it had misdiagnosed him when he first visited.

Apparently the apartment has not yet been disinfected, because Texas is
having trouble finding a contractor to do the work.  In light of the easy
spread of the flu in the US and with this story in mind, I find ready
assurances that Ebola will not spread in the US to be more aspirational
than descriptive.

Eric