At 04:34 PM 10/10/2014, Axil Axil wrote:
Jones is right...

Fundamentals of Ceramics
Michael Barsoom

The chapter on optics is mostly concerned with transparent ceramics. But it does point out that ceramics are mostly transparent, and that they become opaque by scattering from point sources or crystal boundaries.

Confirms your other information from
http://digital.csic.es/bitstream/10261/83021/1/Sintering%20to%20transparency.pdf

I'm wondering if one could put bounds on it by considering two extremes (in my concentric-cylinder model).

a) If the outer ceramic cylinder  were perfectly opaque then the paper's analysis holds

b) If it were perfectly transparent, then we can treat the outside of the inner cylinder as the source.
    The energy per square can be calculated, but the area is smaller (as r^2)

    But what's the emissivity of the inner cylinder? Or can we assume that it's radiating as a pure black body?

A mix, including cases with varying transmissivity will lie between the extremes. To put a limit on the power, use the smaller of the two.