On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

The dark wire is thinner than the bright shadows so I think that the wire
> is casting the shadow.

Maybe.  Do you have a closeup that you're looking at?  The details in the
image I see in the writeup are hard to make out. The dark lines could be
due to an additional loop of Inconel wire through which no current is
flowing (e.g., to provide an additional layer of packing).   Without
further information, I would not readily conclude that the dark lines are
the same ones as the wire exiting from the left into the alumina tube,
although it's a possibility.

If I were editing the paper prior to release, I'd either strike the
speculative comment about the "shadows" or I'd ask the contributor to
provide more details to back it up.

Eric