On Apr 4, 2013, at 11:19 PM, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is somewhat related to the bulk move of Chromium-WebKit contributors to
> Blink, but we might want to consider sunsetting/expiring committership and
> reviewership.
>
> I'm thinking of something like expiring committership/reviwership of a person
> after the person didn't have any SVN activities for 3 or 6 months.
>
> Any thoughts or opinions?

This seems reactionary. We never had an activity counter before. Actually, I
know WebKit reviewers who stopped working on the project for 2 years and
restarted the activity later. Even with a fast growing community and an always
changing code base, the expertise was still good enough to continue where
stopped right away. On the controversy, it may leave people at the Blink
project who want to switch back to WebKit later and even more harm is done to
the WebKit project.

I object to such a proposal.

Greetings
Dirk