Hi all,

I've been receiving email notifications for this type of error
(traceback at the end) since going live with one of my Webware-based
sites back in October. Only recently has it ramped up to be troublesome.

The AssertionError happens every time, but the URL shown in the
traceback changes.

I looked up this "proxy5/check.php" thing in Google & it indicates
(?) some type of proxy abuse (led me to: http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/
ProxyAbuse). So I changed the config. in httpd.conf, but that only
seemed to generate more errors & emails.

My question, then, is: Have any of you run into something like this
before? If so, did you successfully stop it from happening & what did
you do?

Otherwise, anybody have any suggestions?

Running Ww 0.9.4 on RH/CentOS with Apache 2.0.54 and mod_webkit2.

Thanks for any guidance,
-Gary

WebKit caught an exception while processing a request for "None" at
Mon Jun  1 15:29:50 2009 (timestamp: 1243884590.91). The plain text
traceback from Python is printed below and the full HTML error report
from WebKit is attached.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/Webware-0.9.4/WebKit/Application.py", line 645,
in runTransaction
     servlet = findServlet(trans)
   File "/usr/local/Webware-0.9.4/WebKit/URLParser.py", line 70, in
findServletForTransaction
     return self.parse(trans, trans.request().urlPath())
   File "/usr/local/Webware-0.9.4/WebKit/URLParser.py", line 314, in
parse
     return fpp.parse(trans, requestPath)
   File "/usr/local/Webware-0.9.4/WebKit/URLParser.py", line 387, in
parse
     assert not requestPath or requestPath.startswith('/'), \
AssertionError: Not what I expected: 'http://206.51.235.166/proxy5/
check.php'