On 25 May 2001, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> Dan is busy with other things, so I'm jumping in with this to make the
> release possible.  I followed the outline of Dan's strategy, except
> that I didn't want to link with the library directly.  The code should
> correctly detect the following cases:

 Would it be possible to add a default to AC_TRY_RUN or place it under
AC_CACHE_VAL so that cross-compiling works?  Wget 1.6 can be
cross-compiled fine; due to this patch, the CVS version cannot anymore.

 I'd vote for AC_CACHE_VAL for consistency.

 What is the AC_TRY_RUN test needed for at all, BTW?  Can't it be replaced
with an AC_TRY_LINK or an AC_TRY_LINK_FUNC one?  The function called in
AC_TRY_RUN doesn't do anything catchable by the configure script at all --
it does never fail.

  Maciej

+        e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], PGP key available        +