"Maciej W. Rozycki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > The function called in AC_TRY_RUN doesn't do anything catchable
> > > by the configure script at all -- it does never fail.
> >
> > The function doesn't fail, but the program can and does fail when
> > either libcrypto or libssl are not resolved by the runtime linker.
>
>  Ah yes, I understand.  Due to SSL shared libs being placed in weird
> places, they cannot always be located by the dynamic linker.

Even worse -- the dynamic linker doesn't find them even when they're
in the *standard* (default) places such as /usr/local/lib.

> So you need to add an RPATH entry to the ELF dynamic section of wget
> executable.

Right.

> Note that adding RPATH for a cross-compiled program would usually be
> bogus anyway

Fully agreed.  In fact, you will notice that the loop first tries to
be civil and play by the rules.  If that fails, and it *does* fail on
Solaris, then it goes to look in special directories.  Your
cross-compiling hack could simply convince AC_TRY_RUN that everything
is fine.

> OK, then -- I'll cook a patch to make use of AC_CACHE_VAL.

Thanks.  If you understand how the caching thing works, could you
please take a look at this...  I am calling AC_CHECK_LIB in a loop,
but caching breaks that.  So what I do is manually unset the caching
variables.  This is dirty, but it "works".

Is there a nicer way to temporarily disable caching?