Hi Denny,
I would strongly advise against connecting Wiktionary to Wikidata in the status quo, mainly for the reasons Gerard summarized. While wikt's 'data model' probably makes sense for a spelling-based dictionary, it does not for a concept-based knowledge base like ours. Even turning Wiktionary into an OmegaWiki <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OmegaWiki>-like project seems unlikely feasible without an intermediate step. Let's focus on Commons, OpenStreetMap, queries, arbitrary access, new datatypes?