Forgive me, but at the 2014 WikiCon in Cologne, I saw a talk that would see
Wiktionary converted to a separate wikibase installation, collapsing all
the wikitionary languages into items. THAT could reasonably be linked to
Wikidata, or "just" cross-references via properties.

Trying to wedge the current links into Wikidata seems like a failing
proposition.