*Slow network has been one of my problems right from the beginning and
things have not improved much. I had raised a question about it a long time
back  - whether would be possible to work in an 'off line' mode with
automatic upload when connectivity is good (Erik may remember this!).

I am glad that this issue has been raised again by Bjoern - I concurr with
his para:*

A second (more involved) area of interest is 'wiki replication',  i.e.
to create a fully functional replicas (say of Wikieducator) within
local area networks. This would be a full copy of Wikieducator, that
can be read and edited on the local area network (of a university in
the south), i.e. without international bandwidth constraints. The
various 'replica' then synchronise themselves as and when permitted by
the international connection. Of course the goal would be a fully
functional copy, that allows both read/write and resolution of
conflicts etc.
*
I hope some resolution to this problem is found soon - it is real <smile>*

Savithri

--
Dr. Savithri Singh
Principal