Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
> Charles Matthews wrote:
>> Thomas Dalton wrote:

>>> Indeed. Current predictions show growth in terms of article numbers
>>> pretty much ending in around 4 or 5 years time. We'll then need
>>> several more years to actually get all the articles up the scratch. A
>>> decade may even be optimistic.
>>>

>> Yeah, well, my reaction to the whole "fruit" discussion is that it is
>> systemic-bias-lite.  I'll settle for five years to start most of the
>> articles of interest to those with a fairly parochial view of what
>> constitutes an interesting topic, and 25 years more to catch up with the
>> rest of the planet. You're not telling me that we'll have articles
>> correspording to all the other language versions - total interwiki
>> converage - by 2014?

Personally I think this is a very interesting point. You will
forgive if I have asked this before, and not gotten a reply.
(I honestly forget if I have broached this subject before, I
know I have often thought I should ask the question.)

Does anyone know how many unique (that is not reproduced
around other languages) articles there are in toto in the
non-English language wikipedias, which do not have a
corresponding English language wikipedia article? Can
even a rough estimate be made?

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen