To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 12:41 AM
Subject: [WinPcap-users] Capture Filter on port - strange behavior

Originally posted on ethereal-users, referred to
winpcap-users from there.

Running on Windows XP SP2 with Ethereal versions
0.10.10 and WinPCap 3.0.

If I provide the following capture filter:

    port 25

in order to capture an SMTP transaction, I see only
packets with destination port 25 -- I.e. I see the
the client's outgoing packets only.

However, if I capture with NO filter specified, I see
all packets, so I know WinPCap is capturing all the
traffic.

I also tried

    src port 25 || dst port 25

but the results were the same. This used to work
just fine.  Has something changed or am I missing
something?

I also tried Ethereal 0.10.9 and WinPCap 3.1beta4 with
the same results.

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    5608 Parkcrest Dr