I'm going to have to name drop my article again here :)

http://www.geminidevelopment.com.au/html/article_whycomplient.php

Samuel

adam reitsma wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Donna,

    > That's why I mention the "measure" thingy and industrial
    standards. I
    > get the feeling that's something companies appreciate from a
    business
    > point of view.

    Several of my coworkers and I recently gave a talk on when we
    chose to use
    Web standards (and when we didn't). We created a handout with some
    links
    to articles on using Web standards. Maybe one of the articles would be
    useful to you?

    Some of the reasons we chose to move to XHTML/CSS instead of
    table-based
    design:
    * Faster load-times.
    * Smaller page sizes. (One site I did went from CSS-P to a table-based
    template upon the customer's request, and the page sizes all tripled.)
    * Better accessibility.
    * Greater visibility in Web searches,
    * Better compatibility with browsers.
    * Future compatible with upcoming standards.

    I'll be happy to provide additional information if you like.

    Good luck with your situation.

    Kim Nylander

    ----------------------

    These are some of the articles we used in the handout. Maybe they
    would
    have something useful?

    Why Use Web Standards?

    Buy standards compliant Web sites (W3C QA article)
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/07/WebAgency-Requirements

    The Way Forward with Web Standards (MACCAWS)
    http://www.maccaws.org/kit/way-forward/

    What are Web Standards and Why Should I Use Them? (WaSP)
    http://www.webstandards.org/learn/faq/

    Web Standards Switch (W3C QA)
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2003/03/web-kit

    Using Standards

    Learn the Standards (WaSP)
    http://www.webstandards.org/learn/standards/

    What Every Web Site Owner Should Know About Standards: A Web
    Standards
    Primer (MACCAWS)
    http://www.maccaws.org/kit/primer/

    Making your website valid: a step by step guide. (W3C QA)
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/09/Step-by-step

    My Web Site is Standard. And yours? (W3C QA)
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/Web-Quality

    <http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm>